Here we are at the end of 2018. For all of us, it has been a year of great uncertainty as the world faces political, social, and environmental turmoil. What a challenge it has been to start a company in the midst of this insanity and uncertainty. But at Jackalo, we are firmly committed to creating options for families that fight against the over-consumption our world encourages. We need clothes for our kids that are made with heart, that last, and that don’t destroy the environment along the way.
As I look back on 2018 and plan for 2019, I'm filled with gratitude for your support. I want to thank you all for joining me along this path and celebrate everything we’ve accomplished together. With your support, we have:
- Brought forth a mini-collection made of the best organic cotton: cotton that uses minimal water, creates good jobs, and is processed with sustainable energy sources.
- Run a crowdfunding campaign that surpassed its goal.
- Seen coverage in such great sources as The Mom Edit, Babyccino, Junior Style London, Our Good Brands, and Paul et Paula.
- Spread by word of mouth, email and social media to thousands.
- Contributed to three fundraising campaigns for families in need.
...and that’s in just the seven months since we launched.
What can you expect going forward? For 2019 we are working on new designs, new collaborations, new ways to support communities, new ways to minimize our impact, and our first batch of renewed Jackalo gear for sale.
Thank you all for being here from the beginning, for supporting a company that is trying to change children’s fashion, and for supporting me and my vision.
Sending you wishes for a happy, healthy, and impactful 2019.